wode jukebox is...

Wode Jukebox

Wii Optical Drive Emulator

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Bricked Wode... What to do?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:18 pm 

Basically, I'm pretty certain my Wode is bricked.

This is what happened:

I ran into intermittent trouble ripping games. All games would play via Wode and flat_mode. The only trouble I had was with ripping games; the ripping percentage would freeze at certain percentages during different games.

So, I went through some basic troubleshooting, i.e. checking the ribbon cables, loosening the DVD drive screws, reinstalling the PCB. I put everything back together and restarted my Wii and there was no change. I cold play games via the Wode and flat_mode with no problems. I just couldn't rip games.

Next, I decide to try to downgrade from 2.2E (which was my current installation version) to 1.00, in hopes that I could upgrade back to 2.2E and everything would be fixed.

That was not the case. I ran the downgrade pack to 1.00 and my Wode froze. After the downgrade I could see all of the options on the would LCD screen, but it was frozen. I wasn't able to select any options with the joystick. So, I turned the Wii off and now the Wode boots to a blank screen. There is no wode screen or loading message. There is just a blank screen.

I downloaded the unbrick utility, but the unbricking process requires an additional piece of hardware that I do not have called a Wode factory programmer. What should I do?

Post subject: Re: Bricked Wode... What to do?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm 
Wode Moderator

Distributors should have the unbricking tool, IF your connections are good theres little you can do other than contact a seller or buy another unit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 pm 

I contacted both ModChipsDirect and ModChip Central. I hope one of them are willing to send me the unbrick tool. It would be awful to have to buy a new wode when the fix is so obvious and easy. The directions were very simple. **crosses fingers**

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:05 pm 
Wode Moderator

You have nothing to lose so l would take the power out of the Wii for at least 30min (longer if possible)

Then I roulette the 1.28 downgrade file. Have it on the ad card and in the WODE before connecting power to the Wii. And then connect power and turn it on - does anything happen?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm 

Ok I cut all power to my Wii/Wode. Hopefully that will help. Just in case that doesn't work and the sellers I contacted don't get back to me... does anyone know how much this is in dollars? I think its about $75.00, but I want to be certain.

http://www.hardstore.com/default.asp?cm ... box_anchor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 am 

This entire situation is sickening. My wode broke because I downloaded firmware and followed a process outlined on the wode website. My retailer hasn't gotten back to me and I may have to purchase a new wode.

The worst part about this is the fact that a tool exists that can fix my problem, but I can't have access to it. Why can't consumers in my situation purchase a wode programmer so we can unbrick our wodes ourselves?

I haven't even told my daughter that the wode is broken. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to. All I need is is for someone to sell me the wode programmer. I'll fix it myself. please.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:25 am 
Wode Moderator

Contact both Admin and TheGuru directly via PM to see if a solution can be worked out - that is what I would do

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 pm 

Hi Faria1st,

your issues is very abnormal, all the public upgrade/downgrade firmware packages involve only a part of flash content, and the bootloader stay untouched. To clarify one of his job is the drawing of "Wode Jukebox loading..." screen during the boot process .

Then if your Wode have a blank LCD is most probably due to a bad flat cable connection from mainboard to slaveboard or by dammage cause accidentally from the many tests you do with the console disassebled, than a bootloader brick.

For sure you can try the unbrick tool way, here a link where buy one: http://hardstore.com/default.asp?cmdStr ... &idC=0&l=2

or maybe you can contact one of our official distributors to ask for simple unbrick service.

TG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:03 pm 

Ok, Thanks for getting back to me TheGuru. What I'll do is order a new set of cables. I saw them on ozmodchips and a few other sites for pretty cheap. If that doesn't work, I'll order a programmer from the link above. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:42 pm 
Wode Moderator

Is your wode under warranty? If so just contact the seller.
You could try using the dvd ribbon to the slave board to rule out a bad cable
TheGuru could have taken a look at your wode if you sent it to him.
That is if he had offered, either way I would have expected the manufacturer to offer this kind of service like any other electronics manufacturer.
Chances are people will want you to buy more hardware rather than help you fix your issue good luck in finding a solution.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next